Today’s Reading: Micah 7:18-20 (New International Version, ©2011)
Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. You will be faithful to Jacob, and show love to Abraham, as you pledged on oath to our ancestors in days long ago.
Have you heard of this blog? http://1000awesomethings.com/ It’s called, as you may be able to tell from the address, 1000 awesome things! And it is truly awesome. Every day or every day that the blogger blogs, it is about something else that is awesome. For example, when I checked, today’s awesome thing is our skin! Then it breaks down why that thing is awesome. The entry about skin is actually quite informative and pretty funny. Other awesome things include looking through the oven door to watch whatever is baking, your kiddo reading you a bedtime story, saying yes…the entries vary but I would say are all pretty awesome. I learned about this blog from my friend Mira’s blog,,,which is indeed awesome.
In that spirit, I would like to list some pretty awesome stuff that I observe from this week…
– A gathering of clergy ready to change the church – yesterday I had a meeting/training all day for the Pastoral Leadership Development. There were many of us gathered around tables in deep discussion and learning about what it means to change the church.
– Amazing women that I have gotten to hang with this week. These are awesome women! These women include a woman who is running no matter what, women who care about getting kiddos excited about church, a woman who is being bold in asking for support, etc. There are just so many awesome people.
– Writing this devotion on my day off…which means I am still in my jammies…awesome.
– Filling out a bracket. You may be wondering about this one. Why is this awesome? I have to tell you, in just a few days of working on my bracket I have bonded with many people…I need my advisors, I am doing a bracket with the family, and connecting with others in the same position.
-Checking in with a few people about their Lenten practices. You all are doing some awesome things! I continue to hold you in prayer as you continue on.
– The support pouring into Japan – money, prayer, thoughts, information.
– A mission team leaving for Mexico today!
This is just to name a few! In a sense, this is what Micah is doing in our reading today…he is outlining just how awesome it is to serve our God. This is a reminder that God does not forget us, even while we wander. This is a God who forgives sin! This is a God who is with us and our family. This is a God who does not give in to anger and destruction. This is a God who builds up and loves us. What is awesome about God today?
What is awesome in general? Some people build their blessing list…are you up for it today? Peace, Court
One Comment Add yours
Being reminded of good stuff and hope and possibilities at the end of a rough week = awesome!! Thanks for your words.